Re: '99 model questions

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Wed Jun 24 1998 - 10:36:58 EDT

GM experimented with FWD pickups? When?

> If you remember the little Dodge front wheel drive pickups they made in
> about '85 or so .

  Oh yeah, I had completely forgotten about those. The Plymouth Arrow and
Dodge Rampage, I do believe. They were pretty goofy looking IMO, but I
didn't know they were FWD. Stands to reason if they were based on the
Charger, though.

  I suppose I can understand significant FWD driveline stress and complication
to some extent, but I've got to believe that these are solveable problems.
But maybe the market wouldn't bear the cost of a super-heavy-duty FWD
transaxle, etc.

  Thanks for the info,

  Ron