Re: Edelbrock 1002 attn: Rich Lewis

From: RLewis7785@aol.com
Date: Sat Jun 27 1998 - 10:04:26 EDT

<< make
>the bolt work

 how would I go about doing that? Will I need to go to welding 101 or
 anything? =)

 -mike d.

 88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox >>

Nah, It ain't rocket science. I used a threaded rod bent to replace the stock
bracket and carriage bolt assembly. It is commonly reffered to as an S-bolt.
It just threads into the 1/4 x 20 hole in the TB that the OEM bracket is
screwed into. Then it is carefully (so you don''t fatigue it and make it
weak) bent to stick straight up in the center of the TB. The measurements on
Sean's page are good for gettin the idea. For the Edelbrock 1002, it has to
be much shorter than for a standard open element (or the OEM for that matter),
because it doesn't come up through the air cleaner.

Richard Lewis
92 LE, CC, 318 Auto.