Re: ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Wed Jul 01 1998 - 05:50:50 EDT

> I heard that some of you have the Mopar Performance Valve covers that match
> the Mopar Performance air cleaner in the '98 MP catalog .

Yup, I'm one of 'em! :^)

> I just got my catalog and I found the air cleaner (looks bitchin') on page
> 117 (part # P5249807) .

It looks much better in person. :^)

> I want some valve covers that match that exactly , meaning that I would
> like to have the valve covers read "Mopar Performance" . The only valve
> covers that I see in the catalog to fit my '98 5.9 in my R/T say "Mopar
> Magnum" .

You're looking at page 93, right?

> Does anyone know of any valve covers that match the air cleaner ?

Well, the problem is that the Magnum heads have ten screws per
valve cover. The older heads (and covers like on page 95) don't
have ten holes.

Sean Meldrum was, at one time, working on an adapter that would
let a person mount older valve covers on the ten-bolt Magnum heads.
You may want to contact him and see where that project ended-up.

Instead of looking for the "correct" valve covers, we should pressure
Mopar Performance to make the "correct" air cleaner cover.
After all, the "Mopar Magnum" valve covers are correct for these
engine. We should also have a "Mopar Magnum" air cleaner to
match. Just my two cents....

-Scott