Re: Factory Paint

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 14:23:15 EDT

At 04:38 PM 7/4/98 EDT, you wrote:
>Does any one else have a shitty paint job or is it just on my 92 Dakota! The
>paint is bubbling and then flakes off to show bare primer (no rust). I guess
>they baked the primer too long. What can I do to prevent this from
spreading.
>Aside of stripping it to metal and painting it again? Hepme! BOOG.

YESSSS!!! I have a real shitty paint job on my truck(93 Dak). I got it
used, so I can't make the factory paint it. It started to flake off on the
roof and hood. The passenger side of my truck has been repainted, becasuse
of an accident. It was done at the dealership, but it sucks, too. It is
all dull and won't shine no matter what. This was also done before I got
it. The wreak involved my truck hitting a Datsun 280Z at 55 mph, basically
destroying his car. The little 280Z pulled out in front of the truck w/out
looking. Only $3000 in damage to Dak, though. No frame damage, either.

Brian