Re: engine swap/supercharger

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 04:45:40 EDT

<<
 Ya could give me all the details on the 5.9L swap, it would be a lot easier
 to do than rebuild my 5.2L. Besides changing motor mounts, is there
 anything else to it (computer change, etc.)? I live in a small town in
 West Texas where all they care about is that your lights and horn work,
 they don't even care if your car looks lik e a smoke machine when it drives
 down the street. How much would a 5.9L Magnum from the junkyard be? A
 5.9L would kick ass in my driveshaftless truck. Oh yeah!!! >>
Brian,,,Driveshaftless???? Cost, Im not to sure, maybe a couple hundred
bones?
If you had the 5.2 all you need is a 5.9 flywheel (for the manual) and the
computer. Also you need a 5.2 oilpan with the baffling cut out. Other than
that its a direct bolt in! Same mounts and everything. I even used my 5.2
computer and harness until I can get the 5.9 hipo computer. You know, while
your 5.2 is out, why not take the intake off like I did and do the intake mod?
What happen to the 5.2 by the way??
Eric
Any more questions just let me know