Re: RE: R/T "hub" caps...

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 19:23:28 EDT

I think that was the honeycomb wheel wasn't it ?

>From what I've read , they had a very bad tendancy to vibrate to the point
of making the lugs back off the wheel studs . The wheels were recalled ,
and voila.....mucho dollars for a set now ! If that's the way it's gonna
work out , I'll hold onto these 17x9s for about 20 years and be a rich man !

Of course , I could just win the lottery and be richer easier .

At 03:12 PM 7/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Eric,
>Thanks for checking this out. with only 2000 sets of wheels out there
>anything is possible. I vaguely remember a chrysler wheel fiasco with the
>67/68 model years. They had some sort of steel/aluminum composite mag
>option for the hP A bodies and they fell apart or something like that at
>least. You dont see many sets of those wheels around except on trailer
>queens...
>BKB
>At 05:38 PM 7/7/98 EDT, you wrote:
>>In a message dated 98-07-07 14:38:34 EDT, you write:
>>
>><< I hear them "click" after a drive. It seems that the wheels/caps
>> expand/contract possible at different rates. I checked and they seem
secured
>> though. I would hate to lose one.
>> alan >>
>>Guys, Ill ask around about that at work tomorrow and let you know what I
find
>>if anything.
>>Eric

W . Jack Hilton III