Re: loaner cars

From: Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 14:49:12 EDT

At 09:26 AM 7/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
>

>I had to drop the CC R/T off at the dealer this morning to have a couple
>things looked at , including that TSB .
>
>I had aranged for a loaner car as the dealer is about 40 miles away and
>guess what they give me.......a freakin' '94 ferd ranger extended cab
>4-loser !!!!!!!!
>
>If I didn't have to drive it , I would like to open the door and piss in it !
>
>I've seen sloths faster than this thing , and that's not even the fun
>part.....try turning on the a/c and THEN moving more than 6 inches in an
>hour....SHEESH!!!!!
>
>Anyway , while checking the truck in , I talked to the service writer about
>mods and how they affect the warranty . He said as long as I didn't disable
>or otherwise rip out any computer control stuff that I could do what I
>wanted ! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

One of my neighbors used to have one of those. He used it to pull his 19'
Glastron! I saved his butt once when he couldn't pull it out of the water.
 Dak to the rescue!! Anyhow he inherited a bunch of money, and bought a 95
Dak RC V8 auto 4x4. In exchange for working on the Dak, he let me drive it
sometimes. he put lots of $$ in it. Cam, headers, high flow cat, Gibson,
MSD, 1.7 Rockers, 33x12.5 Super Swampers, 3.5 suspension lift, 2 inch body
lift, front locker, Sure-Grip, 4.10 gears, winch, 2400 rpm stall convertor,
shift kit, etc.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We took it mudding and rock climbing.
Unfortunately, he sold it for 16 grand to some kid who rolled it,
destroying the truck. It sits in the kid's yard and rots now. Oh well.=(

Brian