Re: RE: Lakewood traction bars

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 20:52:02 EDT

<< QUESTION: Does anyone have an opinion on the best fore/aft position?
  Forward? Aft? Centered under the axle?

 Thanks, Tate

Ideally, the snubber should contact right under the front spring eye.
Anywhere behind it and you risk the chance of bending leaf springs. I am
eventually gonna modify the uninstalled set I have, make them attach like
South Side Machine bars. They bolt to the U-bolts, extend forward as far as
possible, and clamp to the leaf springs right behind the spring eye. The
supposedly work real good on Mustang and leaf spring Chevies.

Brad