College student with limited resources

From: Matt Rowe (rowe@vt.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 20:31:13 EDT

interesting ideas. There are a few mods I'd like to do. I almost did the
swap and put in the Mopar Performance computer. But then I realized that
I'd have to run 92 or 93 octane. I'm paying out of state tuition at
Virginia Tech so it's quite clear where all of my money is going at the
moment. I really couldn't afford the extra cost.
        I was wondering what could be done that is fairly inexpensive (say
$200-$300) that could increase the power on my 89, 3.9L 4x4, without also
costing too much more in other maintenance and gas costs.
        I'm trying to find a CO-OP job for the upcoming spring semester. That
should put some cash in my hand to spend on my truck. Including the paint.
 I had the luck of getting the truck used (Dark Blue) before I realized it
was going to peel this bad. But I still love it. Ignoring the paint the
truck has been nothing but nice to me. It's gotten me out of more than one
bad situation. I just wish it had the limited slip differential.

/\/\att
89 - 3.9 - 4x4