Re: Airaid For Dakota / Durango

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 18:45:58 EDT

> Follow the link to see the Airaid system for DAKs / Durangos:
>
> http://www.airaid.com/300-107Pic.html
>
> gk

Doesn't look like it does too much to me. I'd like to see someone
take a temp reading inside that conical filter to see how much hot
air is being sucked in from behind the radiator.

Plus, it's not taking advantage of the cool air coming into the
grille or into the fender wells.

Also looks like it would do a good job of sucking the hot air
off the exhaust manifold (or worse yet, headers) on that side of
the engine.

I am highly skeptical. I'll stick with my open element
Mopar Performance air cleaner.

-Scott
'97 Dak

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."