Cargo Light on 98 Dak

From: CHRISH@citytv.com
Date: Thu Jul 09 1998 - 04:01:29 EDT

Hi All . . .

I have a 98 Dakota Club Cab which I just recently picked up from the
dealer.  I _thought_ I ordered a cargo light with this thing, but
apparently in all the to-and-fro of the deal making it either got left
off the order or got bargained away.  I'm over being bitter about that,
but not over my desire to have a cargo light on this puppy.  I could use
a little help, though.

I've been into tree dealers' parts departments now, and they all give me
a strange look when I ask for a replacement third brake light with cargo
light lenses.  Like they've never heard of such an animal.  If my friend
who has a '97 exactly like mine _didn't_ have the darn thing, I'd take
'em at their word, and forget about it.  However, I know the darn thing
exists.

Also, I've had the existing fixture out of the cavity, and pulled the
connector out.  The connector in question is a six-wire connector.  Pins
1 and 2 are not used, 3 and 4 are for the brake light, and 5 and 6 are
wired to the second stop on the rotary part of the headlight switch,
which would normally be used to turn the cargo lights on.  I confirmed
that those leads are live using a voltmeter.

The stock all-red tail light also has empty spots to the left and right
of the brake light bulb where one would find the wiring and sockets for
the cargo lights.

So here is the poser:  Does anyone have _any_ idea of what I need to ask
these parts department guys for in order to get the fixture I want?  If
anyone by some amazing coincidence has the actual part number for the
lamp I want, I would be most grateful.  I would also solicit your help in
tracking down one of these puppies for my beautiful Intense Blue Dak.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Cheers
-ch
98 Dakota Club Cab, PB3 Intense Blue, 3.9L V6.