Finally raced an R/T

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 01:32:44 EDT

behold,,, an R/T, Amethyst ( thats the purple right?).
    I wanted to run him of course, but I also wanted to talk to him. The guy
was a wee bit cocky!!! He would only look at me out of the corner of his eye,
and as I was cruising beside him in third he had it in 2 and kept punching it
on-and-off-on-and-off. All the while laughing with a buddy and side glancing
me!! Soooo, I stepped into it a little in third just to raise the R's up and
let him maybe reconsider while he still had a chance!! But, to my enjoyment
that just made him more sure of himself. He slowed it down and kept it in
first so I dumped into second and we rolled along until he jumped into it and
I got a slow start but immediately pulled up on him and held and crept past a
three quarter truck lead on him.
  After all that I wanted to see if he had anything done to it. You know,
maybe show him a few tricks he may not have known. And all that really just
of the common thread calle Dak! BUT NOOOOOO, He still had the attitude!! Oh,
well!!!
Eric