Re: KABOOOM!!!!!

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 10:55:11 EDT

Dahrl,
Ouch... When my Challenger's crank decided it didnt like the view inside
the block it stopped traffic on the freeway it made such a ruckus getting
out. 440s dont like 7500 rpm...318/340 s/b has the forged crank but they
dont fit the 360 blocks...
  Did the crank snap or did you loose a rod? Ive been a little leary of the
cast 360 cranks at RPM.
BKB
At 01:54 AM 7/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Well looks like I'm looking for a motor for my Dakota truck I dragrace.
Went to the final round today in a $1000 race at Mason Dixon Dragway in
Maryland and Cut a .516 R.T. to David Berry's .526 light. and was running
him down when at the 1000ft timers the crank in my 360 decided it wanted to
get some fresh air and preceded to leave the block. :( Only thing I saved
was the heads and intake. I have raced a long time and I have never felt
anything as violent as that! Thought it was goin to blow the hood off of it!
I guess I am looking for a shortblock (would prefer a 360) that is ready to
go and only requirement is that it has flat top pistons in it for used with
my closed chamber heads. If anyone knows of anything for sale in the general
vacinity of PA email me with the info.THANKS!
P.S. Scott Miller was tearing up the street eliminator class with his Shelby
Dakota also! I think he might have won! If you read this Scott let us know
how you did!
>Dahrl Clark
>Clarks Radiator Service
>dclark@nb.net
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
><HTML>
><HEAD>
>
><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
><META content='"MSHTML 4.72.2106.6"' name=GENERATOR>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Well looks like I'm looking for a motor for my
>Dakota truck I dragrace. Went to the final round today in a $1000 race at
Mason
>Dixon Dragway in Maryland and Cut a .516 R.T. to David Berry's
.526
>light. and was running him down when at the 1000ft timers the crank in my 360
>decided it wanted to get some fresh air and preceded to leave the block. :(
Only
>thing I saved was the heads and intake. I have raced a long time and I have
>never felt anything as violent as that! Thought it was goin to blow the
hood off
>of it! I guess I am looking for a shortblock (would prefer a 360)
that is
>ready to go and only requirement is that it has flat top pistons in it for
used
>with my closed chamber heads. If anyone knows of anything for sale in the
>general vacinity of PA email me with the
>info.THANKS! &nb
sp; &
nbsp; &nbsp
; &nb