Re: Raced a new T/A.

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 12:05:48 EDT

<< 15.3 at close
 to 90 mph .. It should have been a high 14 on a nice summer night here in
FL..
 I'm guessing with the boost retard on 1 with a better set of plugs regapped
 for the blower, I should be in the 13s with no problem. The pulley on the
 truck right now is 3.1". 5psi and it doesn't start to pull until 3000-3500+
 rpms. Sucks. Would be nice if I needed to tow something, but I'm gonna run a
 2.85" pulley which should give me 7-8 psi and I'll get boost alot earlier,
 with that pulley I should be in the mid 13s at worst, traction permitting..

Patrick,
    See, Im considering one for next Taxmas but I want something to start
pulling around 2500. 3000 is the beginning of my peak torque&HP. I need it
sooner, but, Im not sure if I want a lot of boost to get there. I may be
wrong here, but I swore that you could get a Sucker from either Vortech or
Paxton for our Daks, and from what I could remember, one of them is for low
end while the other is for upper end towing.
A little help on that would be appreciated.
  Hmmm, Patrick, if your expecting a one second decrease in time that would be
awesome! Do you have a cam yet? If I get the cam and the sucker, I could be
in the high 12's by that math!! Im running 14.29 now in 87 muggy degrees
without the cam or right computer!! Comp to about 14.00, cam to about 13.85, +
sucker to about 12.90! Id be happy with that. Yeah, right, does it ever
stop!!??
Eric