Re: re: headers

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 19:49:07 EDT

Bill,
The Jet Hot coating is applied at Jet Hot in a location in your area (or
somewhere close by). It is a proprietary process that is similar to powder
coating. You call Jet Hot, They ask you about what you want coated, they
give you a quote (shorty headers that are unused are cheapest, long tube
headers that are holey and rusty (like my fenderwell exits for my 65) are
most expensive). They will coat anything metal, not just headers. Once you
reach an agreement on what you want, they send out a Fed Ex shipper, you
pack the headers, call Fed Ex, they pick them up and send them to Jet Hot
(the one for the Western states is in Arizona) You wait a week and they send
them back (unless you need them rush, with a 48hour turnaround the minimum
time) They have a deal with Fed Ex so you pay a minimal amount for
shipping. Its simple, and "supposedly" its the best coating out there.
They can do a few colors and a real nice satin silver. They also have a
garantee and etc. described in previous posts...They sold me... Ive got a
set of Hooker comps on my 72 cuda coated, a set of Hooker super comps on my
now dead and cannibalized 65 cuda and a set of S&S shortys on my 74
Interceptor coated. Ive never measured before and after underhood temps so
I cant verify Jet Hots claims, but I like the way it looks and I hate rust
holes in headers...
Bruce K Bridges
"not a distributor, I want to make this clear..."