Re: Oil pressure drop!!

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 20:34:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/98 1:16:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
tstricklan@shl.com writes:

<< he left of center!!! Sh!t fire - I thought I was gonna have a
 cardiac! If I shut her down for a while, I can go out and start up
 and the oil pressure goes to 60-80 and stays there till I come to my
 first stop or depress the clutch for any length of time, then I'm back
 down to 25-30. Give it gas and the pressure rises to "normal"
 (60-80). Varies with rpm by a wide margin now.

 Any ideas on why this changed all of a sudden???

 To anyone who actually reads all of this long winded thing - thanks
 for at least reading it! What do y'alls oil pressures look like???

 Tate >>

My god I hate that kind of stuff. Get it to the dealership ASAP. Could be a
bad computer, bad or clogged oil pump, or a goofy gauge. I run 5w30 Castrol
Syntech in my 96, and the gauge reads alittle more than center. (doesnt have
numbers)
I had a bad battery about a year ago, and i would watch my charge gage move
like a window wiper. It would go from the high dot to max when I would drive
it. I ended up smokin the battery and the V reg in the alt. Good thing it was
under warr.
George