RE: Cargo Light Follow Up

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@idirect.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 23:21:21 EDT

>At 10:31 AM 7/14/98 , you wrote:
>>Hi, all . . .
>>
>>Well, thanks to some informed folks on the list, I was able to order the
>>cargo light/3rd brake light for my 98 Dak. The only problem now is that
>>Chrysler Canada are a bunch of fools . . . not only has my local dealer
>>never had the part in question in stock, but they neither had the local or
>>zone depots! They have to cross-order it from the U.S. and the soonest
>>they can get it is 5 working days.
>>
>>Who'da thunk it that getting one little light fixture was going to be such
>>a hassle!
>

>What about the extra wiring necessary for the cargo light? Is it already
>there (like the fog light harness)? What are you going to do about a switch
>to turn it on and off?

It's all there. It came out of the factory with the proper harness already
installed. As for the switch, although it's not marked 'cargo,' it IS is
two-stop switch (all the way left, then the first stop is the dome, second
stop is the cargo lights). I checked the harness side with a volt meter
and it's all hooked up and ready to go as soon as the fine fellows at my
local Dodge shop can find the part I want.

cheers
-ch