Re: JBA header questions I will ask

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 17:39:41 EDT

><<
>I don't know about the rest of you , but I don't want to burn any bridges
>with anyone and have the name of the DML sacrificed for a few bones .
>Doing so could drastically effect our ability to negotiate similar deals
>with other suppliers .
>And , YES , if something happens , and we jump ship for a couple bucks ,
>word WILL get around at how we didn't follow thru .
>Just my two-cents.....all opinions are welcome .
> >>
>I couldnt have put it better. If we are turning this DML into more of a
>DMLClub, than I suggest trying to keep a respectable ethic about how we do
>collective business, with ourselves as well as outside vendors. Word will get
>around wether we burn our conections, or keep good relations with them.
>But most importanly, we should always consult the man on these issues.....Jon?
>What do you think?

    Yes, I do think its very important to create and maintain an image of
integrity for the DML, but in all reality, this isn't really something
that can be "legislated". It all comes down to each individual person.
  In the header deal for example, everyone has to make up their own
mind as to wether or not they want to follow through on their original
intentions or pursue a different deal. There's no way I (or anyone else)
can do anything about it; people are going to follow their own convictions
no matter what others might like them to do. (And to be honest with you,
I don't think I'd want it any other way. Telling people what to do with
their money is definitely not something I want to get involved in...) If
the individual DML members live by this "code of integrity" in their personal
lives, then it will shine through on the DML as a whole.

   I think that as a general rule, most people on the list feel the same
about this issue anyway, but the most we can do is to just remind people
that, in any sort of "DML related" interaction with the rest of the world,
the actions of the individual will reflect on the DML as a whole, and to just
keep that in mind...

                                              -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |