RE: Jules, MPI, header deal, etc.......

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 18:41:49 EDT

     I'm not sure I understand all this angst about Jules trying to make a
     counter offer. I mean it's not like we prepared a bid and he missed
     the deadline or anything. If I'm not mistaken this was a cold call to
     JBA, no?

     Since we are looking for the best bang for our buck (literally) why
     not entertain an offer from Jules? To be ethical and in consideration
     of work already done by JBA, they would have the right of first
     refusal... This assumes the items can be compared apples to apples of
     course.

     Just MHO and in no way am I discounting the great work done by other
     list members in preparing this deal. I'm just saying we can be
     ethical and business savvy by not closing any doors.

     T.

     P.S. I do agree with another list member that Jules needs to be less
     cryptic... I'll be the first to admit I'm a novice at this stuff and
     I am having a hell of a time understanding what he's talking about
     sometimes:-)

>>I agree with Jack to a great extent. JBA made a good offer and made
     it first. As helpful as they have been (with all our 1000 questions)
     I think we should at least consider them first.<<