Re: RE: DML Digest V3 #1019

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 04:20:48 EDT

At 09:40 PM 7/16/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a 98 Dakota CC that I have had for about a month and somebody
>came by and keyed the left rear quarter panel of my truck. The clear
>coat is scratched and it went down to the primer on the surface. What
>suggestions do you have in fixing this? What should I do to get this
>fixed? Go to a dealer or body shop!!!
>
>Robert N. Askew
>

>> ----------

ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, this is time number three that I've tried to reply to your post.
My computer keeps locking up(damn you Bill Gates).

Take it to the dealer if they do good work. Try to find some references
that have used the dealer before. Better yet, he might do it for free, if
he's cool.

If ya take it to a bodyshop, DEFINITELY find some good references first. A
place that does lots of custom cars is usually a good bet (not always).
Sometimes a dealer will take a car to a bodyshop if it gets damaged in
transport. That's a GOOD sign! At least they do it down here in West Texas.

Here comes a bunch of bitching about my dealer. If you don't care to read
it, then don't. Just don't yell at me about it if you do.

My dealer sucks because: no Dak R/T's, 1 V10 Ram, no Vipers, 2 SS/T Rams,
1 Prowler ($75,000!!!), crappy service, and rude salesmen. He offered me
$5500 for my truck (93 Dak CC V8 LE) on a trade in for a 93 Dak CC V8 4 x 4
LE. He said I could have it if I paid the difference of $7500!!! 4 wheel
drive for $7500 (extra) when both trucks are in the same condition is a
bunch of BS. The parts department is of no help, too. To get anything
accomplished, you have to know the part numbers. They have a stock of
hardly any parts, too. It's BS for a town of 90,000. They also special
order most parts, so you pay a surcharge. All this probably has to do with
the fact he owns the local Shivvy dealership, too. Oh yeah, one more
tidbit of info, they told me no Dak R/T's exist, and they never
would!?!?!?!?! They said that the option doesn't exist. WTF is that about?

Pissed off at Dealer

Brian