Re: Trade-in vs. Private selling

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 07:48:59 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/98 11:21:11 PM Central Daylight Time,
BassFreak9@aol.com writes:

<< Hello, I have a question for all of you, I am thinking of getting a '99 R/T
and have a '97 Dakota, it's 4x4 V-8 cc Sport+ w/ all the options. I used the
Kelly Blue book to find its value and it came up to 23,970. Then the trade-in
value came to only 18,875. Thats a big difference. I don't know if I should
sell it or trade it, I only owe 3,000. I think it would be hard to sell at the
right time becouse I have to order the R/T and it takes 8 weeks. I would have
nothing to drive. What should I do?

Just put down some $$$$ for a deposit, and tell them they dont get the keys to
your dakota until you take delivery of your RT. Will be eaiser to trade it in
in your time frame than to try to sell it. Or you can tell them at the dealer
that you are gonna try to sell it yourself in the time it takes to get your
RT, and if you dont then you will trade it in.
George