Re: Re: Shorty vs. Long-tube headers

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 07:57:33 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/98 1:00:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< above, you're probably also one of those folks that drills holes in
 your gas pedal to save weight. :-) Given the price difference, the
 bank seperated equal length headers are generally the way to go. However,
 they have problems too. They're usually more money of course, and
 the install is generally more difficult. The shorty headers will make
 only slightly less power than the equal length. >>

My gibson shortys are equal length. They do make more power and were a lot
eaiser to install then the MP (thorley) headers. I didnt want to get into
having my cat rewelded os I went with these. The factory Y pipe does suck
rocks, I'll give ya that and would love to dump it for a no kink bolt on
replacement. Made the under hood noise level alot lower, and gave the exhaust
a deeper tone to it.
George