Re: Shorty vs. Long-tube headers (kinda long)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 18 1998 - 16:15:50 EDT

At 08:56 AM 7/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
[...]
>I'm not trying to start a battle of terms and theories, just that the part
>you mentioned on shorter headers = lower RPM's was backwards. I'm personally
>torn between the DT's and something else that works as well that can be
>coated to try and beat the heat. Preferably stainless so I won't have to
>worry about rust or oxidation blowing them out in just a couple of years.

  John,

  I have heard that the DT's are available without the chrome finish
so you can just send 'em off to be coated. That would probably save
some money since the non-chrome headers are probably cheaper, and you
won't have to pay the coater extra to strip off the chrome. I don't
know wether the DT's are stainless or not.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |