Re: Shorty vs. Long-tube headers (kinda long)

From: Mike Miller (slepyhed@netway.com)
Date: Sat Jul 18 1998 - 22:35:26 EDT

> Subject: Re: DML: Shorty vs. Long-tube headers (kinda long)
> Date: Saturday, July 18, 1998 9:56 AM
[snip]
> I'm not trying to start a battle of terms and theories, just that the
part
> you mentioned on shorter headers = lower RPM's was backwards. I'm
personally
> torn between the DT's and something else that works as well that can be
> coated to try and beat the heat. Preferably stainless so I won't have to
> worry about rust or oxidation blowing them out in just a couple of years.
>
> John
> 98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
> Billet Grill, Nerf Bars, Rhino Liner, Snug Lid, DDBC, home brew FIPK 2.

Yes, I do not want to get into a long battle of theories either. So, I'm
willing to shut this debate down right now. I have my heart set on longer
headers (like the DT's, but who knows what will become available before I'm
ready to buy.). I want longer headers, and that's what I'm gonna get. Only
elapsed times will show what really works best.

-Mike Miller