Re: Throttle Body Mods, Theory

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 00:01:40 EDT

From:Tim Roller>magnum318@bewellnet.com

>Thanks for the complement, but I try to be as smart as I can. I have
restored old bikes(motor),cars,rebuilt engines,trannies,custom interiors,and
so-forth. What I have found, and this is only me and my testing and
documentation is that I listen and ask questions before doing mods on my
truck, which sometimes before making mods,months go by before making a final
decision as what to do. One thing I was hestitant on was the throttle
modification. I did do the porting of the TB and was very much impressed
with what an improvement it made to the mid range of the engine. I don't
need an engine dyno to FEEL the better response and the computer made
compensations so as not to waste my fuel milage. I did a 600 mile journey
from Missouri to Colorado and my milage was 23MPG @65-75 MPH. My father was
also impressed with what I did that he requested that I do the same porting
on his Bronco.