Re: Faster Truck

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 15:59:55 EDT

At 03:37 PM 7/19/98 EDT, you wrote:
>The Extreme S10 is said to be put in production sometime in the near future

But you can bet your ass it won't have that 358HP 4.5liter !

I just saw that on TNN on Motortrend Trucks!

I bet you that the ONLY thing they used on that truck in the production
model are the cosmetics .

They MIGHT have beefed up a current production engine by at the most
10-15HP , but the General usually won't go higher on a truck that will sell
for as low a price and to young as the buyers are that will want it .

Did you notice that the production version didn't have the fancy shmancy
paint either ?

And it seems that those two goobers on that show kinda purposely didn't
mention the production HP rating . You would think that a show like that
would .

I think the General is tryin' to give all those teenagers a big stiffy and
hopes that they will buy it anyway . If that's their target market (males
in their late teens to mid twenties) , then that would explain the lower HP
rating on the production model too . The insurance would be way too high
for something like that with over 350HP .

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com