Insurance and mods Was: Faster Truck

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 19:01:56 EDT

At 03:59 PM 7/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
[...]
>I think the General is tryin' to give all those teenagers a big stiffy and
>hopes that they will buy it anyway . If that's their target market (males
>in their late teens to mid twenties) , then that would explain the lower HP
>rating on the production model too . The insurance would be way too high
>for something like that with over 350HP .

  Yeah, there's something to be said for a nice platform like the Dak that
can be built up to that level, eh? :-)

  Speaking of which... If my truck were wrecked, stolen, etc. I do
have insurance, but it most likely would cover only the market value
of the truck. I've got some decent money into this truck now; if something
were to happen, I'd be out that cash. I thought maybe I should check to
see if I can add the cost of my mods to the insurance policy? I immagine
that would raise my premiums though. Anyone have any experience
with this?

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |