Re: Insurance and mods Was: Faster Truck

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 19:20:47 EDT

> Speaking of which... If my truck were wrecked, stolen, etc. I do
>have insurance, but it most likely would cover only the market value
>of the truck. I've got some decent money into this truck now; if something
>were to happen, I'd be out that cash. I thought maybe I should check to
>see if I can add the cost of my mods to the insurance policy? I immagine
>that would raise my premiums though. Anyone have any experience
>with this?
>

> -Jon-

Well Jon -

If you start claiming all the mod stuff , then you are basically admitting
to altering the drivetrain and stuff on the truck , which I believe is
usually specifically forbidden by most insurance companies . Before you put
down on paper all the things you did to make it go faster , make sure they
will fist of al even insure you at that point , and second , make sure they
won't raise the insurance based on the fact that it now goes faster . I
know they will charge you for claimig all the stuff though . Just though I
would warn ya !
W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com