Re: Insurance and mods Was: Faster Truck

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 20:41:38 EDT

<< I've got some decent money into this truck now; if something
 were to happen, I'd be out that cash. I thought maybe I should check to
 see if I can add the cost of my mods to the insurance policy? I immagine
 that would raise my premiums though. Anyone have any experience
 with this?

I havent done this yet, but if I dont sell my truck this fall I probably will.
All you have to do is estimate the value of your truck and tell them to insure
it for more than what the blue book is for it. You also should give them a
list of the mods although it really doesnt matter. All they will do if its
stolen is give you the valued amount.
  Its kind of along the same lines as a classic car insurance. They are
valued per the insuree.
Eric