Re: Sat Drags in Houston

From: Mike Miller (slepyhed@netway.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 00:29:07 EDT

----------
> From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Sat Drags in Houston
> Date: Sunday, July 19, 1998 9:55 PM
[snip]

> I dialed 15.10 for the first pass. Very Hot!!! Mike can attest to this,
glad
> I have Ram Air. Well, I broke out.........Went 15.03 on that 15.10 dial.
 Oh
> well, at least I knew how it was running.

I'm wondering if I'm the Mike your referring too. I doubt it. Anyway, its
been my expierience that you go way conservative on the dial in for the
first round and beat the other guy on RT alone. Even so, if you managed to
notice that you were beating the other guy badly near the traps, you could
have let off the throttle early. Remember, you are both supposed to go
through the traps at the same time!

[snip]

> Some of the other times were:
> (all dial 15.00)
> R/T .541 15.059@90.09mph
> R/T .513 15.056@90.51mph
> R/T .534 15.064@89.92mph
> R/T .516 15.012@90.44mph

MY GOD! I will never race in Texas now! Those reaction times are insane.
Gene, you are a GOD in my mind.

> My finall run I was paired up with real fancy pro street (76)
[snip]
> Gene in Houston

Gene, tell us about your truck. How old is it, what have you done to it?

-Mike Miller, 1998 RC R/T