Re[2]: Dakota Replys Needed!

From: rti1pmp@ismd.ups.com
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 12:44:47 EDT

>>Still hunting this one down. The truck
>>makes a solid heavy sounding thump when
>>making left turns over bumpy roads were
>>the truck gets tossed around
>>torsionally.
>>thu-thu-thump-thu-thump-thu. They can't
>>seem to find the cause but I'm still
>>pestering them.

>That sounds like the symptom of the bad cab mounts . There is a TSB out
>on this on the 98s , but I am not sure of the 97s . Mine is a 98 R/T CC
>and has this problem , and I will have it fixed this week .

Thought that only affected the 98 "club cabs" ... mines a regular cab.

The TSB makes references to a popping noise when the truck is turned onto
a steep incline such as a driveway. Is this the one you are referring too
'cause I don't think thats my case. Or is there another TSB you are
thinknig of that I should look closer at?

In any event, please let me know how your truck turns out ...

Thanks!

Matt