RE: RE: WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT SUPERCHARGERS AND NEW CHIPS

From: Dakota_5sp_V8@zracer.com
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 09:31:45 EDT

the top got cut here is the link I was talking about

http://www.paxtonautomotive.com/faqs.html

To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: RE: WANTING TO KNOW ABOUT SUPERCHARGERS AND NEW CHIPS

note their website is not up to date because they have a kit for the 98 and
it is not showing. Actually the 97 kit was tested on the 98 and it worked
ok. I heard you have to go to a electric fan because the pulley puts the
stock fan about 1/8" away from the rad. But this is with an automatic tranny
that has a heavy duty cooling radiator. I think the 5sp'ds have a thinner
rad and might be able to sneak by without the fan conversion. I was thinking
about going to the dealer and measuring the clearance between the fan and
rad and compare it to mine and see if there is a big diff in clearance with
the 5sp rad.

Joel