Frod Manger....the second verse

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 09:46:30 EDT

Well , boys and girls , I just dropped the thing off to have the cab
bushings taken care of and guess what they gave me to drive ?

Yep , it's my friend and yours , the uncomparible 1996 4-cylinder , 5-speed
, extended cab , ugly ass Frod Manger .

Now , the last one I had was a 1995 and this one is a 1996 .

Even though they are different years , the two trucks are IDENTICAL ! Same
color , same stripes , same crappy ass non-performance .

When I first got into this one , I noticed that it only had 35K miles on it
. I figured that maybe this one would actially move faster than a stoned
slug , but it was not to pass .

I guess that I have pretty much proven that if anyone has a Manger (with
the 4-cylinder at least) that they apparently have a deathwish and like
being a slow moving target .

I guess it's back out to the mud pits this week and at least the dog will
have a comfy little place to sleep for a few days .

Anyway , for those of you that think one of these things would be good for
a teenager or something as a first vehicle , think again . You would simply
be putting their lives in harm's way .

Hell , my 1994 Dak with the 2.5 liter hauled bootie compared to this thing .

In addition , my 4-banger Dak also idled smooth as silk and although she
was a bit rowdy under the hood , she ran smooth too . This Manger idles
like a sewing machine on nitrous . It sucks . It sucks donkeys . OK , the
freakin' Manger swallows , people .

The whole point of this little ranting is this :

ONLY BUY A MANGER IF YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELF OR SENTENCE YOURSELF TO A
LIFE OF DESPAIR AND HUMILIATION .

Thank you....we now return you to your regularly scheduled messages .

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html