Re: Two questions: New paint and bed dimensions

From: Seth Bradley (seth.j.bradley@intel.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 11:28:10 EDT

>> Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 15:29:47 -0500
> From: Mike Crumley <mcrumley@airmail.net>
> Subject: Re: DML: Two questions: New paint and bed dimensions
>
> At 10:25 AM 7/20/98 , you wrote:
>
> >Also, could someone with a '97+ shortbed please measure the distance between
> >
> >the inside of the
> >wheel wheels (the narrowest part of the bed floor).
> >

> Mike measures 44 3/4 inches. That's with a spray in liner. (45 inches
> without?)
Thanks much for the measurement.

> >One more note: I stopped by a Line-X shop Saturday and was impressed by the
> >product. One
> >interesting demonstration involved pieces of the Line-X and Rhino bed lining
> >
> >product. If youy rubbed the two together the Rhino would crumble and erode,
> >while the Line-X wasn't touched. I'll be lining my bed
> >with Line-X
>
> I have heard many people say good things about Line-X, but you should still
> never completely trust someone who is trying to get some of your money!! I
> have a Rhino Liner and there is no way you could rub *anything* on it and
> make it crumble and erode. Tear,maybe, but not crumble and erode. And *any*
> spray in liner will tear. If you like the Line-X, go for it. But I wonder
> if that is a standard demo at all Line-X dealers or just this one. Here's
> an interesting experiment. Go to your friendly Rhino Liner dealer and get
> a small sample of the Rhino Liner from him. Then, take it back to the
> Line-X guy and ask him to repeat the demo using *your* sample. Better yet,
> ask him if you can rub your sample on a truck bed that he has sprayed.
> Ought to make for an entertaining afternoon watching him squirm and stammer
> and try to come up with excuses. :)
Very good point :-). I probably won't have time to get around to it though.
There
were a few other things I liked about Line-X though. I looked at their shop
trucks
which were sprayed over 3 years ago. Despite (claimed) very heavy use, the only
signs of wear were a slight dulling of the surface, and some "fraying" at the
edge of
the bed where it meets the tailgate. They are also (they claim) the only
company
that compounds their own mix. I also prefer the smoother, more even surface
texture.
Probably comes down to personal preference.

Seth