Re: Getting the Wax Off

From: Douglas Bowerman (bowermdw@mailhost.ind.ameritech.net)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 14:29:46 EDT

Joel Znamenacek wrote:

> WE have the same color trucks and I am seein two or three raises in the
> paint such as a zit on the roof of the cab on my 98 dak. Do you have
> this problem growing as well on anyplace of the truck?

I have only washed my truck once. When I wash it I notice abnormalities.
I got it last month on the 19th. I think the paint kicks butt, but the job
sucks. There are tape marks, and paint blobs, and dirt. I have not
noticed any 'growing' bubbles. I do know from what I have leaned that if
every car that came off the line had a perfect paint job, like everybody
wants, then the cost of the vehicle would be a lot more. Assembly line
work is not as perfect as if you pay for hand crafted. Thats why we didn't
have to pay 50k like an STS Caddy. I went to a warranty meeting at the
dealer where I purchased my truck. The guy said that if you notice any
bubbles, it is covered under warranty!!!

Doug