Stuff

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 23:34:49 EDT

Gary Ludwick pointed out to me that I reposted the DML in one of my
messages.
WHOOPS! That's what happens when you drive 1500 miles in for the
weekend and then want to get in to read about what's going on in Dak
land.

Anyway, we went from Memphis to Flint Mi, Thursday night. Left at 6pm
arrived at 6am. Running premium fuel I got 14.9 mpg running between
70-80 all the way on cruise. Now, I've got the 3 chamber Flowmaster and
a K&N filter in the stock box. I made a cold air tube for the box and
it seemed to have helped the mileage about 1 mpg....definately helped
the power. I took all my work stuff out and when we got there and got
the goodies out of the back, I could stomp it from a dead stop and turn
the tires. So, if you want to hook your 4x4 up, place about 300 lbs of
manuals, tools, extension cords, etc right back at the tailgate!

My wedding is August 8, so it will be a while now before I make any more
mods. BUT, I know what they will be: JET Stage 2 Computer and throttle
body mods.
I'll also do some cheapies out of my lunch money like put a 180
thermostat in it.
Also, if the 46E tranny in the 4x4 is comp controlled, is there a
separate module that controls the shifts, is it in the Engine computer,
or can it only be modified with a shift kit?
 This is my second Dak, but my first time modding a Mopar. If you want
I could shoehorn a 455 Buick in it, inject some alcohol in it, or put a
Powerglide or TH400 in it, I would be more knowledgeable. So bear with
my questions.
 Also, how do you get the dash bezel off to replace the stereo, I
haven't even tried it yet, but when I do, I don't want to break any of
the clips.
Ttoday at the gas station I noticed the starter had just a slight amount
of oil on it. Where's a likely place to look for the leak? Valvecover?

And, I wish I could have asked this back when I had my '94 V6. How in
the hell can you change the filter without oiling down everything in
sight under the truck? I tucked half a roll of towels around it last
time and that still didn't help. I use 1 can of Brakeclean every time I
change the oil. What's up wit dat?

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black