Re: RE: Re: Sat Drags in Houston

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 11:16:21 EDT

<< It looks to me that if you have a reaction time faster than .5 you red
 light. Is this an arbitrary figure the NHRA or whoever decided on?

 Looking for enlightenment. >>

I'll take a crack at this. There are 3 yellows and a green, there is .5 sec
between the lights. You actually go on the last yellow because of your
reaction time you actually end up going on the green. I believe the reaction
time is figured from the last yellow until you trip the light to start the
timer ?? so .5 is the quickest you can go which would be the time to light the
green, anything less and the green wasn't lit yet thus a redlight. It is a
reference time but good times are critical. Now me I'm a red light expert and
can teach anybody how to get them, ya interested?

Bill