Re: Got the No-Dak Blues!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 12:54:42 EDT

At 08:35 AM 7/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Chris Hindy wrote:
>
>[my Dak is cursed, the wife won't drive, we may have
> to sell it :-(]
>
>Heyya Chris,
>
> Sorry to hear about your tough luck with the Dak. My
>wife has similar trouble with driving ours. Solution?
>The wife does not drive the Dak. Ever. The VW is hers,
>the Dak is mine, life is good :-). Other than selling,
>that's the only solution I can come up with. That, and
>defensive driving school for the wife ;-).

   Sounds good, John. :-) I was about to suggest something
similar. A defensive driving class would help (especially if
she's never been to one before) (should lower your insurance
premiums too). In addition to a defensive driving class,
something that would be even better is an actual driving school.
Somthing along the lines of Skip Barber, etc. (though you might
be able to find something a little less expensive locally) There's
no substitute for actually doing stuff like correcting a skid, max
performance stops, etc. The talk in the defensive driving class
helps, but doesn't drive the point home or sharpen the skills like
actual experience.

  I've never been to one of these schools myself since there aren't
any in my area that I know of. (The closest thing would probably be
the MSF courses I took for sharpening motorcycle riding skills.) I
usually find an empty parking lot when the snow starts to fall and play
around for a while to sharpen my skills. Every little bit helps.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |