Re: Got the No-Dak Blues!

From: Jason & Norah (janor@ican.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 14:07:33 EDT

Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear about your wife's accident. I'm so glad that she's ok. She
may not want to drive the Dak again, but she has to force herself to. My
accident was on July 11th, and when Jason picked me up from the hospital in
his Dak, my heart was racing in my throat and I was only a passenger. Every
vehicle coming towards us spooked me, but I just gripped the door and rode
it out.

On the following Tuesday, my insurance company got me a rental car and I had
to drive it back from the rental agency home. Along the same street where I
had the accident no less. I could still see the black marks on the lamp
post from my hood and all the fluids that have now stained the sidewalk and
road. My hands were shaking and my heart felt like it was going to explode.
But I did it. I didn't have much of a choice. As well, I had to drive
myself to physio every day as Jason was at work. Again, no choice. Each
day that I drove, I felt better. I still have a long way to go, but I know
it will get better. Highway will probably take a little more work.

The sooner she gets back in the Dak and driving it the better. You have to
get back on the horse, or it will kick you off permanently. All I know is
that if I would have had the same accident in a car, I wouldn't be here
writing this to you guys today. My Dak saved my life. They weren't kidding
when Dodge labelled their trucks "RAM TOUGH".

Personally I'm scared to drive anything but a Dak. And by the way, the guy
that hit me was also of Asian descent. I don't feel bad saying it as a
close friend of mine is Chinese, and I've told her to her face that she
drives like sh*t. She agreed.

Tell your wife to get back behind the wheel of a Dak and enjoy. Nothing
drives better.

Hey Jon,

Chris and his wife live in the same city as Jason and I, got his Dak at the
same dealership and I did, and go to the same dealership for service. We've
probably even sat in the same waiting room at the same time and not even
known it. If we had DML shirts and/or hats we would have recognized each other.

Norah
(Dakless for now, but not for long)