Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 17:36:00 EDT

At 09:29 PM 7/21/98 , you wrote:

>A few things to consider:
>1) This test was initially done on a cat V12 probably diesel. These things
>run at RPMs that we couldnt reach. Thus, they suck in a helluva lot more
air.
>2) What was in front of this truck? Ans: another big ass dumpster kickin up
>alot of dust from its high revvin V12 (not to mention exhaust).

Maybe I'm just confused as to what you're talking about, but big diesel
engines in semis and heavy equipment actually turn pretty low RPMs. (The
engines in semis rarely turn over 2500 RPM) True, they suck in a lot of
air, but that's because of their greater displacement and turbochargers,
not because of higher revs. Of course, none of this changes the basic
premise of your argument which I agree with.

Mike (I have no point) Crumley

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed