headers

From: bobster (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 01:16:31 EDT

T. and list

The only heat shield my 92 has is driver's side at the
flange where it bolts to the down pipe.

To tell you the truth , I've not looked at the new RTs,
mainly because of a known lack of self control.....

The next truck will have to be larger than my Dakota CC but
I really liked the new Dakotas' styling better than the full size.

I moved to a dak cc from a mitsu D50...I would have bot a Ram but
the club cab wasn't offered then.

We have been racing our dak and the motor mounts are showing some
signs of distress, so the headers and motor mounts will be done at
the same time.

As a side point, the Y pipe on my '92 is a "V" where the pipes meet.

The size is less than I would like to see, but it is not a 90 degree
joint that has been talked about on the list.

My son is chafing at the bit , as we had a deal that the best reaction
time gets to run eliminations.....he's beat me the last two times.

I'll keep the list posted...anybody that has any questions can e-mail me
direct at charger69rt@inficad.com if you need additional ramblings.

As I said in an earlier post, the look of these headers is fantastic.

If they fit as good as they look, and work half as good as they look,
I'll be happy.

They would almost be worth the price as pure eye-candy...but that is
getting carried away.....

Rob