RE: oil color

From: Dewey Thorson (dkthorson@HASimons.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 11:16:23 EDT

Hey Gary,
isn't that the job of the oil filter??? If the filter isn't doing IT'S
job, then your oil should be black. But the oil is there for
lubrication, not cleaning the engine internals, that's only a by-product
of the fluid movement. I say buy the best filter you can, and your oil
should look as good coming out of the block as it did going in. IMHO
anyway.

Later...