Re: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 10:47:00 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> As engines get smaller and more high tech, the old "no replacement for
> displacement" saying rears its head. Sure, a small displacement, high
> tech engine can be made to output tremendous amounts of horsepower, but
> it costs a heck of a lot more than the same HP output on a larger
> displacement motor.

  And is quite often less reliable. More power + less displacement =
more stress ==> more things to go wrong down the road. Not to mention
increased complexity.

  Yeah, I like the newfangled 100K mile service intervals as much as
the next lazy slob, but that is less a function of engine technology
than oil, coolant, and ignition technology.

  Ron