Re: Farewell to a loyal friend

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 22:53:06 EDT

Man, that sucks! I would sob for weeks and mourn the loss of my dak if
that were to happen... I would wair black.... glad you lucked out on
insurance, though! I'll bet there's an R/T that would look really nice in
your driveway somewhere =) Glad to see ya'll are okay!

-mike d.

88, V6, LE, 3.55, SlushBox, mild mods
miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com

"Illiterate? Write for a free brochure..." =)

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998 21:26:49 -0400 Jason & Norah <janor@ican.net> writes:
>Well, I guess it's time to say goodbye to one of our Dakotas. It's
>been a
>good truck, and it's difficult to let it go. Of course, our families
>don't
>understand how anyone can get emotionally attached to a vehicle, and
>trying
>to explain it is pretty futile. I hope some of you might be better
>able to
>sympathize.
>
>For those of you who don't know us, my name is Jason Bleazard and my
>fiancee
>is Norah Kiraly. We met here on the Dakota mailing list in November
>of
>1996. I moved to Toronto from Orem, Utah last summer and we're
>planning on
>getting married some time this fall.
>
>My Dakota is a white 1995 4x4 regular cab, and Norah's was a black
>1995 4x2
>club cab. Even though we have almost everything in common, we first
>met
>through our trucks and we feel like we owe them a debt of gratitude
>for
>bringing us together.
>
>On July 11, I had planned on getting new tires put on mine. We were
>travelling together, the plan being that I would drop mine off and
>then we
>would take the other one on some errand runs that needed to be done.
>
>We were turning left at an intersection, and Norah was in the lead.
>When
>the light changed, the car coming the other way slowed down like he
>was
>going to stop. As Norah started out into the intersection, the guy in
>the
>other car realized that he was going too fast and decided to speed up
>to try
>to clear the intersection. The left front corner of his car slammed
>into
>the front right corner of Norah's Dakota, pretty much putting a
>two-foot
>dent in the front. It smashed in the bumper and pushed the whole hood
>up
>and back.
>
>Then both the Dakota and the other car spun off of each other, and his
>left
>rear corner hit the right side of her bed. This pushed her headlong
>into a
>lamp post. Dakotas are not exactly light vehicles, but hers had spun
>around
>almost 180 degrees like it was on ice, and the car wound up turned 90
>degrees and in the left lane of the road we had been trying to turn on
>to.
>
>Meanwhile, I'm sitting in my truck watching the whole thing frozen in
>place.
>Once she stopped moving, I managed to turn mine off, set the hazard
>flashers
> [...]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]