RE: 17" slicks ?

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 08:51:42 EDT

I was looking at the BFG TA Drag Radials last night - let me tell you,=20
they seem like they would be STICKY! Not good for extended street use=20
- very soft and very smooth. I ended up getting the regular TA's in a=20
295/50 for the rear and having the fronts reversed - all white letters=20
in. Served three purposes for me:

1. I like wide assed back tires - looks good and barely protrudes from=20
the fenderwell (I hate these trucks/cars running around with the=20
wheels a foot outside of the fenderwell - IMO it looks silly and it is=20
HARD on your bearings and other front end components).
2. Dropped my rear ratio a bit - The Eagles from the tire and handling=20
package were about 27 1/8" with wear, and these TA's are 25 =BD".
3. Leveled out the back of the truck - something I had tried to do=20
earlier with Belltech blocks that cracked almost immediately.

I think it looks great!

Tate