Indy Gathering

From: Munypit94@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 22:39:19 EDT

In a message dated 7/24/1998 8:59:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
miggitymike@juno.com writes:

<< I'm thinkin' somewhere there's some kind of large gathering every year,
 like Louisiana or something. Maybe more centralized like Indy or
 somewhere else in the MidWest. If we plan far enough ahead, we should get
 a pretty good turnout. Especially if it's close to Texas. I think a good
 chunk of the DMLer's are Texans. We could make it into a big pow-wow
 cookout party kind of thing... Maybe around Thanksgiving or Spring Break
 time in 99. Any ideas? I can get the wheels turnin' and get some group
 rates here and there and do some homework....Whattaya think?

 -mike d. >>

I think having a gathering at Indianapolis is a great idea. Has anyone ever
heard of the Indy Truck Bash? It's a really good truck show, and I think it
would be the perfect place for all the Daks to gather, lots of hotel rooms,
and lots going on. I've been there the last 3 years and I'm going again this
year. They have 3 Dakota Classes, Stock, Mild & Wild, I'd love to see all 430
of us show up there. We'd give all those Fords and Chebbys a run for their
money. It's Aug 22, 23 & 24. It's always the last weekend in August. If anyone
wants to come this year, and needs any info, let me know. Ken