A/C, Not too cool

From: Joe Dille (joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 06:41:53 EDT

Hi,

I have a 98 CC with the 5.2l and the A/C is not very impressive. I hear

mention of some of you lovin' your A/C, even in Texas with the 100+ heat
wave.
Mine is hard to love in the high 80's. Do the 98's have wimpy air
conditioners, or is mine an under achiever?

I would like to do a quantatative test on the unit before I complain
about it to
the dealer. Is there any other test besides measuring the discharge
temperature
from the ducts? What should this temperature be on a healthy A/C?

Drive Safe,

Joe Dille

Telford PA USA
(joe@dille.montgomery.pa.us)

My '98 has great air and that's here in Memphis in the 100+ heat we're
having. It takes about 5-10 minutes at speed to get really cranking but
it gets very cold! Today it was 95 and I was driving back from Little
Rock to Memphis (2.5 hours). I started out wide open on MAX. After
about 20 minutes I had the fan on the second notch. After about 20
more, I put it on normal A/C and the fan on 1. After about 20 more
minutes I had to raise the temp! And I am very hot natured. I sweat if
it's 70 or higher, so it was cold. It was cold enough that when I
stopped to get a Coke, my sunglasses fogged up when I got out!

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black