Re: was Help on Muffler Choice

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Sat Jul 25 1998 - 20:18:06 EDT

<< For a good analysis, check out the following link:

 http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/muffler.html

 This is part of the RPM Dakota home page. Needless to say,
 there are differing opinions on this. >>

Hi, I've seen the page and you must remember that those flow #s are advertised
by Dynomax themselves.

and I quote..

"As you can see, Dynomax has quite a performer here. The numbers shown are
probably a bit high. Flow for a length of pipe equal to the average muffler is
approximately 115cfm per square inch of cross-sectional area at 1.5 inches of
mercury or 20.3 inches of water. For a 3" pipe (the muffler size I chose) this
works out to about 812cfm. Now I doubt that this muffler flows better than no
muffler at all but ....."

When I made my muffler choice I went on what 90% of the drag racers use and
have proven in the past...

ttyl
patrick