Re[2]: was Help on Muffler Choice

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Sun Jul 26 1998 - 02:04:07 EDT

> I dunno, but what I mean be droning is that you can hear it making a
> steady tone, deep in pitch and if too loud could be annoying. Just a
> continuous humming of exhaust.... I like my droning...makes me wanna'
> drive FASTER!! =)

Here's an FYI for everyone about my system. 3" center in dual 2.5"
out 2chamber Flowmaster. I don't think it's too loud, (sometimes I
wish it was louder) you can just hear it inside the cab when driving,
but it's not so loud you have to speak up to your passenger. I do
have a drone but the RPM range is very small... usually about
1900 - 2000 rpm. When engine speed is in this narow window it gets
louder than normal, during this time you might have to speak up just
a bit. And I believe it's only while the truck is in 2nd or 3rd
(can't remember for sure which) usually around 40mph... on the freeway
it really quietens out, even in the "drone" rpm range. Now with OD
locked out going say... 95 it starts to sing pretty good! I should
have some .wav's recorded of it on the DML site...

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html
 Dakota Webring==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/webring/ring.html