RE: RE: 5spd shifter

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Mon Jul 27 1998 - 14:02:04 EDT

I started doing just that yesterday! Gonna use the head part of a
Taco Bell Godzilla cupholder for the shift knob till I find something
that strikes me as perfect. Fill the head with bondo and slip the tip
of the shifterand nut into the bondo after giving them a light coat of
vaseline. I'll try it out on a test bolt and nut first. I think
it'll look pretty cool. Taking about three inches off of the shifter
length - glad I got long arms.

Tate

PS - I sent a message to Hurst the other day asking why they have
ignored the ONLY "smaller/midsize truck with a V8 option" market.
 Maybe I'll get a reply.